Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Shame

It was an awful day where theft and his accomplice had visited my working place...
It's also my fresh experience where I met up with this "stupid" theft.

He came with his hand clutching some Dental chewing gum and wandering on his pants hanging down to the comic section. He asked me for the Naruto. Come on, it's just before you! Don't pretend. He seemed like purposely asked me where was it, somehow he already knew. So, I simply usher him by pointing my thumbnail, saying "Sana!" which sounded like quite impolite. Indeed, I had bad impression on him while he was picking up the comics, he chuckled his gum's wrappers on my table which really pissed me off! He just intended to do that since he also "bo syok" me! Thus, he had his revenge on me too. I took a squint on him and monitored him up. . ;-/

After a moment, he suddenly walked away with his accomplice. Before leaving, the anonymous accomplice clutched the wrappers and handed them to me, asking me to throw into the garbage. (tong sampah just located beside me) This made me felt like the accomplice isn't that "bad". Haha. I was still watching on their movement as they really looked like sneak-thieves. My curiosity aroused when the gum-wrapper-discarder inquired Miss Chong from revision department for the Harry Potter. Without any hesitation, she ushered them to the teenage novel section. I'm bery suspicious about their motives.

I followed them to the section and pretended to tidy up the books on the adjacent table there. I saw him grabbing 2 Harry Potter series from the rack and squatting down to have a look on the book cover. Next, I heard some unwrapping sound. He wanted to unwrap the book! I took a glance over him again and he casually walked by the table to has a very brainless question: "Is there any scanner inside this book?"
What a stupid man! Asking me this not like indicated that he had an intention to steal the book? Wasn't he?!
"Huh!? I...I have no idea."
I shrugged. He was wordless. So, he headed to the cashier counter then with 2 books on his hands. My heart was throbbing, didn't know what to expect next....

I watched from far, seeing the cashier unwrapped the book for him. At the same time, he had already smuggled one of the Harry Potter from the ED and hid it under the junk food racks near the exit. And I still didn't aware of that action though. Luckily, the cashier has realized his sneaky behavior. Thus, she called for the help from other supervisor and they started to take action on him...

After having his book unwrapped, he walked back to ED. Again he visited our comic section. I didn't notice this time he just held a book. He put the only Harry Potter on the comic section, getting a Naruto comic and made his payment at the counter. So, I got back the book and I felt a whoosh of relief....

Who knows? All in sudden, he came back once again...Gosh, what the hell was he gonna to do...! Don't say I'm bingo, HE COME BACK TO STEAL! Without second thought, I quickly put back the book on its place, intending to trap him up. Coming with the plastic bags, he simply grabbed the book and fled. I was froze on the spot as I couldn't believe my sight...
The moment he wanted to put the books inside the plastic bags, he was caught in shame by Miss
Low and Miss Lim. His hole-and-corner affair was revealed and he behaved as if nothing had happened. Since Miss Lim had no any prove so at last she just let him walked away.
What a shame, I should have caught him. I am just frozen at the wrong time... Terrible! He thought his plan was perfect and could trick this little girl like me. So, he did! I was mortified and the staffs there still reckoned I had helped them out in this case.

3 comments:

射手座王子 said...

muahahah~~speechless...
How can i say leh?? The thief is damn stuuuupid lar...wakaka...
He scared nobody neos tat he wan to steal the book hor?? still dare to asked u got scanner inside the book or not lor...walao...he brave enuf pun...hehe

Unknown said...

lol
he stole the book.
wow. eh tell me the detail. i wanna try next time. hehehe

CHerYL said...

actually i also wondered how dare he asked me that. Btw it is not scanner but sensor inside. How could a "scanner" a machine hidden inside. Idiot!