Friday, April 10, 2009

Chicken-kun-ia

Guess what it means - chickenya or maybe it should be spelled as chicken-nya.
Haha. The answer is nothing. It wasn't existed.
I heard from an Indian lady who came to find a book called "chicken--nya". Actually She meant chikungunya, something like dengue fever la... which I only get to know after a moment. I am really shallow in knowledge!!!

I absolutely like a moron, kept on asking what kind of chicken she wants. Did she want a book related to the farm chicken or diseases of chicken or bla bla bla...
The lady stared at me with a frown. She didn't get what I meant? I guessed.
Or in the vice versa I didn't get what she meant!
Even my supervisor also thought it was a book subjected to chicken.
But she said NO, it was chickenkunia, it is a kind of disease, mosquito?
It was hysterically funny!!! How can a chicken-like-disease link to mosquito? This customer must be crazy...
(I chuckled to myself. hahahahaha.)
She finally walked away as we couldn't get her.
She must be chuckled at us too as almost all of us didn't know this disease!

3 comments:

~yq~ said...

hha!i was wondering what are u saying also..guess u learnt a lot from working in a book store..=)

Unknown said...

RELAX MAN. i only known that disease when i started working in metro. 3 ppl got infected by that disease since i started working. chikinguny ais a swahili word, which means bends(i think).

CHerYL said...

learn enormously...

JJ,u only know when u started working? Really? Thought u have read it on newspaper or saw them on TV...