Sunday, December 16, 2012

A little thing about my Dad and I...

*非诚勿扰*

It's my ah Pa's birthday! 1216 and now he is officially 50+1 years-old. Imagine how the time flies and gradually consumes him year after year... We all do.

I know it is not exactly his birthday, he just used to this as his birthday just as registered on his ID card. He doesn't even know his exact birthday. It was a long long story... to talk about. Pity with my dad's background upon I learned the truth since I was "adult enough" to know all this, I have never know if I could handle all these... "ordeal". Never experience never know.

Somehow, I was never in a very "good" relationship with my dad. I just have no idea. Some people are close to their mum, a typical mummy boy; some are more to their dad, a typical daddy girl. I am closer to my mum since I will always refer my mum for everything. For money matter, of course I will refer to my dad. LOLx.
For once, I see my fate as not so matchy with my dad, because both of us seldom approve one thing unanimously, and my mum will always be the trouble-shooter between us. I know we are both too stubborn to compromise. Sometimes, I disagreed with him because his is just far far being too nice, too generous to others. Conversely, he couldn't bear our selfishness and that kind of indifference when asked for the favor.























Anyhow, without my dad, I wouldn't have existed now. Believe it, I am my father's only daughter. You could see the resemblance right, the significant chin and also the skinny cheek, belly-less. Ahahaha.

Ohya, I have just texted my dad in Chinese on his birthday. I think it's once in a blue moon matter. (wait a minute, not to say I am not a devoted daughter, but the fact that my dad is not a techno-savvy person)XD
and guess what, HE REPLIED ME in ENGLISH...~  Here it goes:

" Tq. My daughter, wish u all the success on exam. & always healthy."

How surprise I was!! Not to mention he was once working overseas, and he taught me primary English words. I thought he has forgotten all these ABCs. hahahahaha...

I don't know about other. But in my family, we have been practiced the... how to say... "veiled love" or more to the "inert chemicals". We didn't hug, we didn't have goodnight kiss, we didn't celebrate any events, we didn't give utterance to our love ever since we have grown up.
* I still remember the time when I was young about 5 years old, my dad loved to kiss me on the cheek before sleeping, and I didn't like it very much, just because of his "pricking" mustache LOLxxx.*
Even though, we as the children have never really shown our "tangible" love, but deep down there, you and I know exactly how much love we hold for each others. It is undisputed.

"We are always one as a family". Check!
and lastly HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD~

with love from your daughter.

3 comments:

~yq~ said...

very touched! =)

ladybird said...

so touching yoooo

Alic3 said...

happy belated birthday uncle! *sorry just read this post