Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Longest in the world

Another interest thing to add into my GKnow-library.
What do you know~The Guinness World Records as one of the longest place-names in the world goes to:

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu
- a name for a hill in southern Hawke's Bay, New Zealand, which can be roughly translated from Maori as "The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his nose flute to his loved one."



LOL. I found this for fun!
Pronunciation of this "mighty" noun~



After seeing this, I think I could probably name my house as "yigekeyirongnayijiawukoudewennuanwojiwoyongyuandebifenggang"

HAHAHA.



2 comments:

~yq~ said...

Hahaha! interesting indeed! =) n i like the new name of ur house, but i think u will lazy to write it repeatedly~ =P

CHerYL said...

haha. i wont~ i call it here only...