Friday, February 27, 2009

No sweat here!

Few days ago, I was really displeased with my working environment.

The steady stream of cartoons, full-loaded with books and also magazines....I am gasping for air when moving the little damn heavy brown boxes. The worst thing is my ankles, elbows and waist sometimes can be twisted.

Poor ah Yan is working all around in SOLO.
What made me crazy and annoyed was NOBODY gave me a hand!

Well, not to say my "sis" ( aka my senior, they all call like this ), I will rather blame my "mum" aka my supervisor. Because, usually my "sis" will stay with me all the time and work together to finish up the troublesome stuff. Unless she is off, then the problem will rush towards me...

I am not grousing for the work-load. Sometimes, I just want to say to my "mum": " Can you please leave your warm seat and help me to lift the cartoon or maybe you can help me wrap up some books?"
OMG, I am influenced by my "sis" who is insisting her "mum" too to work together at the department's table, but not hiding herself at the office.

Due to the matter, she always have a cold war with Miss Teh. At that time, I'll be their 'troubleshooter', responsible to deliver their message to the other side respectively. Until now, I still haven't see a truce between them. For some seconds maybe....~~~

And now my "sis" is trying to convince me that Miss Teh also has her part on these books, not solely both of us. For me, I do the work assigned by my supervisor is a right thing and I don't think I have rights to say NO to her if I still want to hold the job...

Working at a company means we must learn to not to sweat the small stuff.
Heavy cartoons to be carried? Small stuff... Just let it be an exercise.
Mountain of books and documents to be covered up? Tiffles.... I can do it all myself steadily.

I have larned it from a motivational book. So far, I have just read until pg.30. still a lot to comprehend from this in fascinating book.

What I have to do is to complete my own responsibilty as a small staff there.

And there's 2 rules of harmony in our life:

#1." Don't sweat the small stuff"
#2 " It's all small stuff"


just like what Richard Carlson has written on his book entitled the former one.

"When you "don't sweat the small stuff", your life won't be perfect, but you'll learn to accept what life has to offer with far resistance. When you learn to "let go" of problems instead of resisting with all your might, your life will begin to flow. You will, as the serenity prayer suggests, " Change the things that can be changed, accept those that cannot, and have the wisdom you know the difference.""

2 comments:

TheBeerCrusader said...

I 100% agree with you .. workplace politics are too stupid to be minded with ... Just "te gong gong" and don't sweat over small stuffs then it's fine already :)

~yq~ said...

lolz..sounds so complicated..but i believe u can handle it lar..=P